Thursday, February 9, 2012

Theft

This afternoon someone tried to steal my bag!  I have a draw string sports bag that I carry in front of me while I walk as an added precaution, since theft is prevalent here.  But this afternoon, as I studied Spanish at a coffee shop, I had my bag on my side between the wall and my left leg.  I heard a rustling sound, saw movement in my peripheral vision, glanced down, and saw fingers grasping my bag!  I gasped and snatched it.  It was a man (surprisingly well dressed in business suit) who had sat down right behind me a moment before.  I didn’t know enough Spanish to say “touch this and I will kick your butt from here to Finland” but he immediately left, mumbling incoherently.  So thankful I didn’t lose anything.  From now on if I’m sitting my bag goes between my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment